Tuesday 17 April 2012

So I am sitting in biology class studying for a test I will be writing this afternoon and I can't help starring at one of the ladies in my class..... I have known her since we were teenagers, and even back then she was someone I wanted to look like! She was and still is beautiful! When we were teenagers people would ask if we were cousins because we looked so much alike.... I to this day could never see a resemblance except we both have dark hair, brown eyes and similar complexion. But she always had an amazing body, the kind of body every girl dreams to have, and even in high school I weighed 155 and she would only weigh 120 at the most and we were the same height. Today, with the addition of a boob job she still weighs and looks the same. And here I am 150 pounds more then her. And this makes me so ashamed! I struggle every minute of every day with my weight it's a continual battle..... I pray to God everyday to make me skinny, to help me lose weight! Well guess what.... I got an answer from him today..... While I was feeling sorry for myself and wishing I was skinny a voice came in my head and said.... " to lose weight and to get smaller you need to do the work!" plain and simple! I am not going to wake up tomorrow morning or next week or even next month skinny. I need to do the work! I can do this with God cheering me on, he can help me to make conscious healthy choices about food and to give me a little push to exercise, but he can not make me instantly skinny. And now realizing this makes all the sense in the world! It's my "a ha!" moment! Lol today I consciously choose to drink lots of water and eat healthy snacks and meals without over indulging, and also to go for a 3 km walk this evening and then maybe even some just dance 2 on the wii!

What are you doing today?

No comments:

Post a Comment