Thursday 8 March 2012

Family games night!

Hi Dolls!

Last week my husbands family ( his mom, sister, brother-in-law and neice) came over from Newfoundland for a visit.

My MIL has been here 2 times since we moved into this house, but the rest of them haven't so it was nice to show them our house, and out town.

We did lots of shopping, and lots (too much) eating out at restaurants.

I am also happy to say that I gained 2 pounds while they were here, but lost those 2 lbs in only 2 days.

So it was worth it to be able to spend time with them and not worry (too much) about what I was eating.

That being said.....I DID NOT eat one potato chip!! I haven't eaten any since I gave them up well over a month ago!!!

And Let me tell you I have definitly been tempted!!

Hubba Hubby still buys chips and has them in the house, but I noticed he is snacking on healthy things at night now!


While our company was here we had a family games night!

We played Guesstures!

This game is like Charades on 'Speed'. The active player gets four cards. Each card has two words on it, one easy, one difficult. The harder the word, the more points it's worth.

The player picks one word from each card and loads them into the timer device. S/he then has about a minute to communicate the words to teammates; when a word is guessed correctly, the card must be snatched out of the timer.

The timer, meanwhile, will "eat" the cards, one at a time, if they aren't snatched. You get points for each card successfully rescued from the timer.
It was so fun!!

2 of my (4) sisters and their boyfriends came and played with us too!!!

Here are some pics......

 




















If you have never played Guesstures, I suggest you go buy it and have a games night!!

It is so much fun!!


No comments:

Post a Comment