Wednesday 7 March 2012

Livinng room before and after



Hi Dolls!!


Today I am going to show you my living room before and afters.


I am trying to get all the rooms of my house on here, so as I (continuosly) change them I can post again to see the changes.

I don't know about you, but I love when people post pics of the rooms in there houses, and how they decorate.
I have gotten (all) alot of my ideas from the many fabulous blogs, and from sites such as HGTV's Rate my space, and most recently and my new favorite Pinterest!
It challenges my inner decorater! Ha!

Ok this is the before......



This is the color the living room was when we moved in.....


I made due and stuck a whole lot of stuff in the living room.......


Way to much stuff!!!


There was just way to much going on in this room......





Sorry for the poor quality and lack of focus on the next picture.....it is the only one I have of that angle of the room









And this is the after!


I got rid of alot of the stuff that was making the room looked cramped and dated....







I switched the glass coffee tables (which were terrible to keep clean) out for these ones ....


They are actually 25 years old......lol

My mom bought them new 25 years ago, they are the coffee tables we had in our living room growing up!!
 She gave them to me, I painted the tops black and distressed the edges and Hoila! (is that how you spell that?? ha!!)




I also swapped the dark and dingy brown curtains for cream colored ones!




And I also painted the ugly red brick around the fireplace black!!


It looks much better now!


No comments:

Post a Comment