Thursday 19 January 2012


Hi Dolls!

Today's post is another ramble from moi!

It is another thing that the new year got me thinking!

I want to make this year about being grateful for the things (and by things i mean everything including people) I have in my life. The things I am blessed with.

In today's society everyone is trying to "Keep up with the Jones" and getting caught up in worldy possesions.

I recently read this quote:

"Too many people buy things they cannot afford to impress people they dont like"

And I think this is so true! Myself included!

I know I get so caught up in wanting more......wanting to buy better things......like a friend will get new living room furniture and I will find myself saying and thinking "I want new living room furniture!" When there is nothing wrong with the living room furniture I have!
.

Its AWFUL!!

I have a nice house (its a work in progress...but really what house isnt?)

I have a loving husband, & 3 pretty amazing (healthy) kids.

We have a vehicle that works, and we can afford to pay our bills and put food in our bellies, and all the other things that goes along with providing for your family.

I am beyond Blessed!!

But still there is this little voice in my head that says I need to go out and buy better stuff.

So I am making this year about appreciating the things I have, and not about the things I feel I need to run out and buy!


I am also trying to re-purpose existing items I have in my house!

For example I have a whole slew of decorations and stuff that I dont use anymore and was gonna get rid of it... (why? just to make room for better stuff of course.)

So I went threw all the stuff and found new homes (in my home) for some of it, and have given a new look to a few room s in my house!

So I really didnt need to go out and buy new decorations for the bathroom cause I had a whole bunch sitting in the storage room forgotten about!


I got 2 of these apothcary jars for christmas from my MIL and SIL
The small one in the middle I got last Christmas and it was sitting by itself on a shelf in the family room
I moved it out to the dining room to be with the other 2 and all the fillers were repurposed...

The silk flowers in the tallest one was from a...(i cant remeber what its called ha!) long string of flowers ....know what I am talking about.......??
anyway it also was in the family room collecting dust, so i ripped al the flowers off it and stuck them in the apothcary jar!

The 2nd tallest one was some berry garland that i repurposed (also from the family room)

Its not the greatest fillers, but I didnt have to go out and buy anything to go in them!



Ok this is my bathroom, like the pink sink? Gag! lol

anyway the valence I made with a old curtain panel and some scrap fabric!

The star was repurposed from the hallway

The basket on the counter was sitting in a closet full of yarn (that will never be used!! lol)

(The shower curtain I had bought a few months back...when first thinking about re-decorating)





Ok and yes I know that "re-purposed" does not technically mean how I am using the word....but you get the idea!

Also, I wish I had before pics of my bathroom, same paint but it had baby blue accents and a gold valence and gold-ish shower curtain. It was nice but I just got tired of it (after having it like that for a year or more)

SO I have been wanting to redecorate the bathroom, and I was making a list of all the new BETTER stuff i was going to run out and buy......

then I got thinking and looking and I didnt even leave the house....

The bathroom got a new look, I didnt buy a thing!

I was happy!! and Hubby was really happy!! (cause it didnt cost him a penny!)




Matthew 6:19-21          
“Do not lay up for yourselves treasures on earth, where moth and rust destroy and where thieves break in and steal, but lay up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where neither moth nor rust destroys and where thieves do not break in and steal. For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also.



Luke 12:15          
And he said to them, “Take care, and be on your guard against all covetousness, for one's life does not consist in the abundance of his possessions.”

No comments:

Post a Comment